04 Oct About Avdis Ranch
Avdis Ranch is proud to be the only commercial cattle operation within the city limits of Sacramento, the Farm-to-Fork capital of America. Our cattle are free-range, pasture-raised and 100% grass-fed and finished. We do not feed any hormones, supplements or antibiotics to our animals.
What has become Avdis Ranch was established in 1940 by the Zorbas family in North Sacramento – the area now known as North Natomas. As emigrants from Tripolis, Greece, the Zorbas family raised sheep and cattle in the traditions of their native country, using all-natural, pasture-raised techniques.
In the 1970s and 1980s, the Avdis side of the family slowly took over the cattle and sheep operations of the ranch. Today, Nick Avdis, along with his wife Nikki and two young children, continue the decades-long commitment to ranching in the traditions of the previous generations. They are dedicated to the animals and are committed to the sustainable use of their land.